The UAE’s Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) has started issuing a new advanced version of the Emirates ID.
As of 1st June 2021, the ICA has made to effect the implementation of the electronic version of Emirates IDs for all renewal applications which will be valid as the physical ID. The electronic version of the Emirates IDs for UAE residents will be made available on the ICA UAE Smart app till the physical cards are printed until further notice.
The ICA has coordinated with all the authorities concerned and service and business providers to offer services based on the e-Emirates ID. If needed, the previous/old Emirates ID can be used for transactions that will require the physical card and the validity will be shown on the ICA UAE Smart app.
Here is a step-by-step guide to access your e-Emirates ID:
- Login to the ICA website or download the ICA UAE Smart.
- Login to the system using the UAE Pass or personal account details.
- Apply for Emirates ID renewal and receive notification.
- Login to the system and click on ‘Personal Wallet’.
- Choose the ID and press the QR code to get its electronic version.
- Use the e-version as an authenticated version for all services.
The Emirates ID is an identity card issued by the ICA, which is a legal requirement for all UAE citizens and residents. A physical copy of the Emirates ID will still be printed for new applications and renewal for Golden visa holders.
|Get updated with our news and articles through our social media links|